We Are Hiring
Office Assistant, Marketing Assistant and Claims Processor
Your opportunity to work in the insurance and financial services industry awaits. This entry level position can be just the beginning of a bright and prosperous future with an established Maine company. The person in the position must be confident in developing and maintaining solid customer service relationships by handling questions and concerns with accuracy and professionalism, offer administrative support to co-workers and assume provision of materials, reservation, and reception. An important part of the job is to receive, submit, and follow up on voluntary benefit claims for our clients.
General Job Purpose:
This individual reports to the Office Manager and is responsible for serving customers and clients by providing product and service information. He or she will also provide office assistance by maintaining administrative systems, procedures, and policies. The duties include, but are not limited to: receiving and placing telephone calls, database system maintenance, office supply purchasing and inventory, preparing agent materials, faxing, typing, filing and maintaining an upbeat and energetic disposition.
• Assume receptionist duties, greet public and refer them to the appropriate staff members, answer the phone, route calls, and take messages.
• Receive and submit claims and oversee voluntary policies.
• Maintain contact database.
• Marketing assistance with newsletters & website updates.
• Prepare materials and information packets for agents and clients.
• Assist with events and workshops.
• Assist co-workers with administrative duties as requested.
• Stock, order, and maintain office & marketing supplies while using an inventory system.
Skills, Knowledge & Ability Required:
• Ability to accomplish assignments and to work autonomously and without supervision.
• Ability to multi-task and work efficiently in a fast-paced sales environment.
• Professional, cheerful and effective customer service phone skills are a must.
• Demonstrates written and oral communications skills with management, staff, agents, and the public.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Ability to prioritize daily tasks with organization and attention to detail.
• Ability and willingness to travel to sales presentations if needed.
The ideal candidate must have a GED or higher education, 2 years of work experience in customer service, sales or a related area. Equivalent related experience may be substituted for education on a year-for-year basis. Preference will be given to those individuals who have experience with, office assistance, event planning, communications, reception and the use of computer programs. Experience with website design, marketing and writing is a plus.
Salary and Hours:
• Minimum of 40 hours per week.
• 8 a.m. -- 5 p.m. (1 hour lunch break).
• $12 per hour, depending on experience.
• Short Term Disability
• Long Term Disability
• Accidental Insurance
This is a fun and energetic office in a fast paced sales environment! The candidate must be enthusiastic with an ability to work with an upbeat team by using their creativity and flexibility to accomplish goals. Ambition to grow with the company is a huge plus.
How to Apply:
Submit a cover letter and resume to:
Mailing address: Shannon Ferran, 89 Water Street, Hallowell, Maine 04347
*No calls please.
*Phone interviews will be scheduled with those who qualify.
*Position will remain open until a qualified candidate is hired.